I was told a long time ago that if I got involved with several different fly fishing clubs, that it would help me improve on my fly fishing, allow me to make new friends, learn new things BUT…. be very careful not to get sucked into volunteering for everything. LOL I am a sucker I know. So having been a part of this group for almost a year and enjoying many of their outings, classes and monthly guest speakers I am hoping that this group continues for many more years.
So I am advertising, as I will also be working this event, but the Cascade Family Fly Fishing Fund Raising Auction and dinner is this Wednesday October 24th.
Here are just some of the things being auctioned off…. I have helped get the things together, and I can say there are some great things getting auctioned off if you happen to be in need of ANYTHING!!!
- full/half day floats on local rivers and lakes
- lodging, meals and float trips offered at some of our local resorts
- graphite and bamboo fly rods, fly reels, fly tying vices, fly tying materials
- float tubes with fins, anchors, drift boat anchors and seats
- boxes of high quality flies known to be effective anywhere
- and much more
6-9 pm at Irving Grange Hall. 1011 Irvington Drive, Eugene, Oregon 97404 (Santa Clara)
The dinner is chicken breast or tri-tip steak with choice of mashed potatoes or baked potato, salad, corn and green beans, bread, cake, lemonade and ice tea.
First Silent Auction tables close at 6:30 and other tables follow every ten minutes after.
Oral auction is from 7:30 – 8:30.